Saturday 1 November 2008

1st November 08

Well I've just created this page - so this is the start of the journey!

I'm currently researching GPS (I just know I'm going to get lost!) and mapping software and I'm now completely muddled. I'm going to start ordering OS Explorer maps to set my route, but WOW do I need a lot! Around 55 in total!

This is not going to be cheap!

I've found a very lightweight one man tent I like (Terra Nova Laser Competition), but I'll wait until the January sales to buy it in order to try and save a few pennies. In theory I should carry a maximum of around 20% of my body weight, but keeping my pack below 10 kg is going to be a challenge in itself!

Patch is crashed out on the sofa without a care in the world. Lucky!

1 comment:

Daryl May said...

Good luck! And good thinking to plan ahead. Are you quite sure you want to take the dog?!